History

Friday, May 4, 2012

Looking Back - Wishing and Hoping and Thinking and Praying… (Monday, April 16, 2012)

Note: This is the first of a series of posts that I wrote over the past few weeks before actually creating my blog.  I wanted to include them here.

On Wednesday I have my pregnancy test.  Barring some kind of miracle, this very well could be the last pregnancy test I ever take in my life.  That thought makes me sad, because for so long, I dreamed of a house full of children underfoot.  And yet, I trust that God has a good plan for our lives.  After all, he gave me a beautiful son who has blessed my life immeasurably, and I thank God for him every day.  And I know that He could choose to breathe life into the little one within me and bless us with another beautiful child.  We have lifted our baby up in prayer so often over the past week; he or she is never far from my mind.  Over and over I have had to surrender my worry, fears, and control over to the One who is bigger than infertility.  It hasn’t been easy, but I have felt encouraged, loved, and have even had moments of peace over this past week.

But in all honesty, I do have mixed feelings about the test.  On one hand, I don’t think I can wait a minute longer.  Especially if it’s good news.  On the other hand, if the news isn’t so good, then maybe I want to live in blissful ignorance for just a little bit longer.  Because I know that a negative pregnancy test will hurt.  It will be so painful.  Devastating, even.  I will feel hopeless and discouraged.  But I pray that I won’t stay in the pain and hurt and hopelessness for too long.  Yes, I may feel all those things…but my prayer is that God will carry me through it.  That He will encourage my heart and give me eyes to see His goodness all around me.  That He will bless me with a content spirit.  And who knows?  Maybe, just maybe, the opposite will be true: that I will experience overwhelming joy and happiness on Wednesday.  Lord, may it be so. 

Whatever the outcome, I pray that God will use my life for His glory and that He will remind me each day that I can trust Him.  That He is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment