History

Friday, May 4, 2012

Looking Back - Retiring (April 30, 2012)

Note: This is the last of the posts written pre-blog.

Just got a letter in the mail from Dr. L, our beloved OB/GYN who delivered our boy, informing us that he is retiring in June.  I can’t help but selfishly think about the miscarriage (due to nonviable embryo) back in September.  It makes me sad to think that we could have spent the last nine months enjoying one more pregnancy with Dr. L.  I would have delivered in April.  I have always hoped that I would have one more baby with Dr. L.  It’s funny what makes me grieve these days; I am seriously in tears over this.  Anyone reading this probably thinks I am totally losing my mind (or being a total baby), and my IF friends are probably thinking how blessed I am to have needed an OB in the first place – and believe me, I know - but I guess in some way it just makes me feel like one more thing is being stripped away in this season of disappointment.

Stupid infertility.

On a brighter note, I think we mourn more greatly when lose something that has represented God's goodness and blessings to us.  And in light of the title of this blog, I want to choose to see God's good work in my life.  I am so blessed that I was able to be under the care of Dr. L., and I will forever be grateful that he helped bring my sweet boy into this world.  This amazing man has devoted a lifetime to helping babies make their debut into the world.  He is a wonderful Christian doctor who walked alongside of us, prayed with us, and cared for us during our pregnancy.  Every time we saw our baby on the ultrasound screen, I think Dr. L delighted in it nearly as much as we did.  I am beyond thankful for his compassion, caring heart, wisdom, and expertise.  Even though I am sad that he will never deliver any more of my babies, I know how much he deserves this special time of retirement, and I pray that it will be a blessed season of life for him.  He is truly a rare treasure and certainly evidence of God's goodness in this crazy journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment